Category:Operation Flashpoint: Terrain Editing
Since the release of Visitor2, Terrain creating has become very popular among the community. Dozens of islands have been released since 2002 even a few pushing OFP to its limits with 512x512 sized Islands.
Before you start on an map you must know there are limits to Terrain editing;
- Size should be kept below 512x512 due OFP being poor at handling such sizes, however for OFP:E special terrain streaming has been developed to support better performance and larger Islands like Sahrani.
- Max amount of ground textures is around 512.
- Should you use textures higher than 512x512 than keep an eye on amount of transition as it can take a lot of space.
- Islands/maps can't be 512x256 in size only same sizes as textures.
- Islands/maps cannot have smaller cells than 50m although a workaround has been released but is unplayable really.
- Maximum terrain height is around 1450m