From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Set object's direction vector. Up vector will remain unchanged.
- See also:
- Posted on March 16, 2008 - 09:50
- Command can be also used to rotate camera in all three axis.
- Posted on 21:06, 3 March 2009 (CET)
- General Barron
setVectorDir can only influence an object's pitch. It can not influence bank. Example:
player setVectorDir [0,0,1]
- If the player is facing 0 degrees (north), then this will do NOTHING.
- If the player is facing 90 degrees (east), then this will make him pitch 90 degrees up.
- Posted on August 17, 2015 - 03:27 (UTC)
In Arma 3, setVectorDir does not control an object's pitch or bank, in fact, it is not possible to change either of those solely using setVectorDir. This command can only affect horizontal rotation along the x-plane, unless an object first has it's vectorUp changed to something other than [0,0,1]. Correct input to setVectorDir should be calculated using the trigonometric functions sin and cos.
0 degrees (north) player setVectorDir [ sin 0, //equals 0 cos 0, //equals 1 1 ]; 45 degrees (north-east) player setVectorDir [ sin 45, //equals 0.707 cos 45, //equals 0.707 1 ];If you are doing trigonometric calculations, it may be better to use setVectorDir rather than setDir, since sine and cosine have already been calculated and will not need to be re-calculated (also, setDir probably uses setVectorDir anyway.)