Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Set object's up vector. Direction of the object remain unchanged. Default object's vectorUp is [0,0,1].
- Math - Vectors
- object setVectorUp vectorUp
- object: Object
- vectorUp: Array format Vector (normalised)
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- Turn object upside down:
_obj setVectorUp [0,0,-1];
- Example 2:
- Align object with the terrain underneath:
- See also:
- vectorDir vectorUp setVectorDir setVectorDirAndUp vectorDiff vectorAdd vectorMultiply vectorCrossProduct vectorDistance vectorMagnitudeSqr vectorDistanceSqr vectorCos vectorMagnitude vectorDotProduct vectorNormalized vectorFromTo
- Posted on Mar 03, 2009 - 21:07 (UTC)
- General Barron
- setVectorUp can only influence an object's bank. It can not influence pitch. Example:
If the player is facing 90 degrees (east), then this will make him bank 90 degrees to his left.
- Posted on Mar 22, 2007 - 05:07 (UTC)
- An in-depth discussion on the concept of vectors is available here.
- Posted on Mar 16, 2008 - 09:49 (UTC)
- Command can be also used to rotate camera in all three axis (which also mean it is possible to set camera bank).
- Posted on Oct 03, 2013 - 09:04 (UTC)
- It is possible to change both pitch and bank of an object (surfaceNormal application for instance). Assuming an ammo box in the following example is facing North (default direction is 0):
_ammobox setVectorUp [0,1,0]; // box is pitched 90 degrees forward _ammobox setVectorUp [1,0,0]; // box is banked 90 degrees to the rightHowever the above will stop working as soon as you attach the box to something. The following trick however will work in this case: