Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hover & click on the images for descriptions
- Orders the given unit or a group of units to suppress the given position or target (with radio messages, see doSuppressiveFire if you don't want messages).
- When an Array of units is passed as param, only units from the same Group as the first unit in array are considered.
- The unit (units) starts firing at the given target or position random amount of shots (exact formula unknown, but seems to depend on amount of ammo unit has) after which it stops.
- currentCommand shows "Suppress" and there is no way of stopping unit before it completes random amount of rounds.
- If position is passed as target param, it stays fixed.
- If object is passed as target param, it depends on what kind of object. If it is considered a proper target by the unit, it is tracked by the unit dynamically. If it is not, the position gets obtained via getPosWorld, which could be different from PositionASL of the object, and it is fixed even if the target is able to change position later.
- unit commandSuppressiveFire target
- unit: Object or Array - a single unit or array of units
- target: Object or Array - actual target or position of the target in format PositionASL
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_soldier commandSuppressiveFire [1869.508,5760.962,0.000]
- Example 2:
_soldier commandSuppressiveFire cursorTarget
- See also:
- Posted on October 8, 2016 - 16:19 (UTC)
- Fett Li
- Command expects position as second argument in format ASL in A3 1.64.138497.