Jump to navigation Jump to search
- unit fire muzzle
- unit: Object - unit that is supposed to fire
- muzzle: String - name of the muzzle to be fired
- Return Value:
- unit fire [muzzle, mode, magazine]
- unit: Object
- muzzle: String
- mode: String
- magazine: String (Optional)
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- _soldier fire "M16";
- Example 2:
- _soldier fire "SmokeShellMuzzle";
- Example 3:
- _soldier fire ["SmokeShellMuzzle", "SmokeShellMuzzle", "SmokeShellRed"];
- Example 4:
- See also:
- BIS_fnc_fire doFire commandFire canFire fireAtTarget forceWeaponFire commandArtilleryFire commandSuppressiveFire doArtilleryFire doSuppressiveFire isManualFire selectWeapon action ["UseWeapon"] Weapons
- Posted on August 17, 2006
- Sometimes AI won't shoot when you use this command. It can be fixed by placing selectWeapon command before it.
- Posted on February 2, 2007
- In OFP v1.96, when a man class unit is given this command, he will aim up in the air before firing his weapon. This makes it rather useless if you want to make him shoot a target. It does work with vehicles, when the vehicle is first given a doWatch or doTarget command.
- Posted on January 20, 2007
- In ArmA v1.02, this command is not working with weapons in the secondary turrets (like "DSHKM" in T-72)
- Posted on Jan 15, 2008
To place a satchel (pipebomb) the syntax is:
OFP: unitname Fire ["put", "pipebomb"]
ArmA: unitname Fire ["pipebombmuzzle", "pipebombmuzzle", "pipebomb"];
The triggering is done via a "TOUCHOFF" action.
- Posted on March 18, 2010
- In Arma 2, AI will automatically shoot straight up. Command seems to be broken.
- Posted on November 24, 2010
- Command is broken - confirmed. Use action "USEWEAPON" instead. Place a game logic in the editor. Name it MyGameLogic. Use this code to make unit1 fire his primaryweapon:
- Posted on Feburary 25, 2011
- Command works just fine in A2/OA. Make sure to execute it on local AI.
- Posted on April 06, 2012
- Max Power
- If it did work at one time, it does no longer. The AI (or player) is forced to look upwards or reacts to a massive recoil force before getting his shot off.
- Posted on Feburary 16, 2013
- Command did not work with Arma 2:ACR v1.62. Use fireAtTarget instead.
- Posted on June 4, 2014 - 21:14 (UTC)
- Killzone Kid
- In Arma 3 in order for AI to place Claymore, for example, it is necessary to execute 3 statements - an animation, weapon select and the actual fire command. Animation is most likely for forcing unit to leave rest state, weapon select and fire kinda both go together anyway:
- Posted on November 25th, 2017
- In Arma 3, as of version 1.76, examples 2 and 3 in the section above for smoke grenades are no longer working. As a workaround (throwing green smoke grenades for example), you can use: