Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 03:17, 27 March 2014 by silentkiller* (talk | contribs) (Added suggestion for code optimization)
- Create an empty object of given type classname at given position. For a full class reference see Classes.
- Object = type createVehicle position
- type: String - vehicle/object className
- position: Array - format Position to create the vehicle at
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_jeep = "Jeep" createVehicle (position player);
- Example 2:
_heli = "AH1Z" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "hspawn");
- See also:
- createVehicle arraycreateVehicleLocalcreateUnitcreateUnit arraydeleteVehiclecreateGroupcreateCenter
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on January 14, 2010
- In multiplayer, only run this command on one machine. It will create a the vehicle on all machines every time it is called on any machine.
- Posted on August 13, 2006 - 12:18
- This command sets the created vehicle not exactly at the given position, you have to setPos it there, if accuracy counts.
- Posted on Jan 20, 2006
- This command sets the created vehicle in the nearest _possible_ position. You can create a dozen of tanks with it - they will appear side by side.
- Posted on December 13, 2006 - 12:27
- Observe that buildings with the default destrType will not work correctly in multiplayer in Armed Assault when created with this command. The Destruction effect will only be displayed where the building is local.
- Posted on Oct 18, 2009 - 05:42
- As of Arma2, this command cannot be used to create game logics (source). Use createUnit instead.
- Posted on January 26 2014 - 20:12
- Using getPosATL should work, if otherwise you are struggling to get a the proper position coordinates.
- Posted on March 27 2014 - 02:15
- According to Code Optimisation, this function is considered deprecated and should be used createVehicle array instead.
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Operation Flashpoint version 1.34
- Operation Flashpoint: New Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Uncategorised
- Scripting Commands: Global Effect
- Scripting Commands OFP 1.96
- Scripting Commands OFP 1.46
- Scripting Commands ArmA
- Command Group: Object Manipulation
- Scripting Commands ArmA2
- Scripting Commands Arma 3
- Scripting Commands Take On Helicopters