Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hover & click on the images for descriptions
Creates a new Group for the given Side. An HQ (center) for that side must already be in the Mission.sqm or have been initialized with createCenter. For the available sides see Side.
In Arma 3 when last unit leaves its group, the group usually gets immediately auto deleted, regardless of whether or not if it was set for auto deletion manually
- The default limit of groups created per side was 144. Since Arma 3 v1.67 it is increased to 288.
- Since Arma 3 v 1.67 it is possible to mark created group for automatic deletion when the group becomes empty (see Alt Syntax). When group is set to be automatically deleted when empty, when group becomes empty it may take up to a minute for it to get deleted.
- createGroup [side, deleteWhenEmpty] (since Arma 3 v1.67)
- [side, deleteWhenEmpty]: Array
- side: Side
- deleteWhenEmpty: Boolean - true if delete this group when empty. Default: false (Note that it may take up to a minute for the group to get deleted)
- Return Value:
- See also:
- Posted on December 15, 2006 - 21:30
The group limit is 144 groups groups per side. If you attempt to create a group, and there is no room for another, it simply doesn't create, and it doesn't error.
- Posted on July 10,2007
- In Armed Assault, empty groups are not automatically deleted - if you created 144 groups, you will not be able to create new group even if all units in all those groups died, because all the 144 groups still exists - you will have to delete some groups manually.
- Posted on January 04, 2011
- A group created with createGroup will get a waypoint at [0,0,0]. When you use createUnit to fill it with units, it will get an additional waypoint at the position the first unit is created. This new waypoint will also be set as currentWaypoint. However keep these two waypoints in mind when you do some scripting involving this groups' waypoints.