Enfusion Blender Tools
Enfusion Blender Tools (shortened to EBT) is a Blender addon allowing for a good workflow between Blender and Workbench, and Enfusion in general. Primarily developed and tested with 3.3.1 LTS.
- ASC elevation (.asc file) - import an ASC elevation file (Esri grid) as terrain mesh
- Arma 3 P3D (.p3d file) - import P3D
- FBX (.fbx file) - import FBX with Enfusion Shaders
- Object Tools - Various small tools helping with preparation of model for Workbench import
- Model Quality Assurance
- Download Blender LTS 3.3
- Download Arma Reforger Tools from Steam
- Install EBT addon from Arma Reforger Tools\Blender\EnfusionBlenderTools-Plugin.zip (do not unzip it!)
- Open Workbench and in Workbench → Options → Workbench settings turn on Enable net API (for communication with external applications) option
If you intend to use TXA exporter and want to use Reforger library of animation export profiles, it is also necessary to set up Export Profile Folder
- Unzip Arma Reforger Tools\Blender\EnfusionBlenderTools-Data.zip to any empty folder
- In Export Profile Folder, press the '+' button and set path to the directory where EnfusionBlenderTools-Data.zip file was extracted (see image)
Similar steps can also be performed to define the custom animation export profiles directory
Once addon is properly installed and activated, two new elements - (1) & (2) should be visible in main interface of Blender. Depending on used layout, right section of the menu might need to be expanded by clicking on small arrow on the right side of the viewport.
Import a .asc terrain file.
Discard unsupported LODs
LODs like View Cargo/Gunner/Pilot, Roadway, Hitpoints, Paths and similar will be discarded from the import.
Assign detected layers (geometry, physics)
Rename RVMATs to Enfusion equivalents.
Convert axis to single point
Convert two points with default rotation to single point with orientation axis.
This option activates import of FBX with Enfusion Shaders.
Remove All Objects
Remove any object present in the fbx file.
Export the terrain to .asc format.
Export the animation to the TXA format.
On the right side of the viewport, Enfusion Tools tab (2) you have following options:
Model Quality Assurance
In this panel (3) it is possible to adjust and execute Model Quality Assurance script which checks for common configuration & topology errors in the mesh.
Settings panel (4) contains options for Batch FBX export
Object Tools (5) panel contains controls for automatic object sorting into collections