From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Arma 3
- Checks if one position is visible from another position and how much. The results can be affected by getTerrainGrid value, especially if position is near the ground. Particle effects such as smoke can also affect the results.
- [ignore, LOD, ignore2] checkVisibility [beg, end]
- [ignore, LOD, ignore2]: Array
- ignore: Object - object to exclude from calculations
- LOD: String - level of details to use. Possible values are: "FIRE", "VIEW", "GEOM", "IFIRE"
- ignore2 (Optional): Object - second object to exclude from calculations (Since Arma 3 v1.61.136673)
- [beg, end]: Array
- beg: Array - start position in format PositionASL
- end: Array - end position in format PositionASL
- Return Value:
- Number - how much end position is visible to start position in range 0..1, where 1 is fully visible.
- See also:
- Posted on August 8, 2016 - 22:38 (UTC)
Particles that have blockAIVisibility set to 1 will influence the result, but will not make checkVisibility return 0. Instead an extremly small number will be returned.
Distance, fog, overcast, rain and nighttime have no effect on the result.