From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Sets the name of a location or a person. In Arma 3 this can be used to set name of a person but only in single player.
- unit setName [name, firstName, lastName]
- unit: Object
- [name, firstName, lastName]: Array
- name: String
- firstName: String
- lastName: String
- Return Value:
Alternative Syntax 2
- Example 1:
myLocation setName "My Location Name";
- Example 2:
player setName "New Name";
- Example 3:
player setName ["Ben Kerry","Ben","Kerry"];
- Posted on July 9, 2010
- Appears to be only for the 3d editor.
- Posted on September 19, 2013
- Support of a person as the first parameter from Arma 3 v. 1.02.
- Posted on April 12, 2014
- Waffle SS.
- Seems to have no effect on players in Multiplayer. (ArmA 3 v1.00)
- Posted on August 18, 2014
- Pierre MGI
- Only last name will appear in command bar i.e. this setname _mynameArray will display _mynameArray select 2. If setname is used with a string : this setname "blah", nothing occurs in command bar and default randomized name is displayed.
Dealing with the units' names in a script, _x (in a foreach units group, for example) will return the "object" as B ALFA 4-1:2 or the name written in ai unit name field in editor (if exists). This context is rather a "variable name" for each object (ai) than an "identity name" as given via setname function.