From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- ARMA 2
- Attaches an object to another object. The offset is applied to the object center unless a memory point is provided. If no offset is specified, the offset used will be the current relative positioning of objects against each other.
- Object attachTo [TObject, Offset, MemPoint]
- Object: Object or player
- TObject: Object or player
- Offset: Array - format Position - (optional)
- MemPoint: String - (optional), see ArmA: Selection Translations for czech selections names
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
player attachTo [car,[0,0,1]];
- Example 2:
player attachTo [tank,[0,-1,0],"Usti hlavne"];
- Example 3:
- Automatic offset:
ammoCrate attachTo [player];
- Example 4:
- To set orientation of attached object use setVectorDirAndUp command:
_expl1 = "DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo" createVehicle position player; _expl1 attachTo [player, [-0.1,0.1,0.15],"Pelvis"]; _expl1 setVectorDirAndUp [[0.5,0.5,0],[-0.5,0.5,0]]; _expl2 = "DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo" createVehicle position player; _expl2 attachTo [player, [0,0.15,0.15],"Pelvis"]; _expl2 setVectorDirAndUp [[1,0,0],[0,1,0]]; _expl3 = "DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo" createVehicle position player; _expl3 attachTo [player, [0.1,0.1,0.15],"Pelvis"]; _expl3 setVectorDirAndUp [[0.5,-0.5,0],[0.5,0.5,0]];
- Only has to be executed on one client.
- See also:
- attachedObjects, attachedTo, detach, setVectorDir, setVectorUp, setVectorDirAndUp, modelToWorld
- Posted on June 6, 2009 - 13:47
- You can use setDir to change the direction of the attached object. The direction is relative to the object you attach it to, so setDir 180 won't point to the south but to the rear of the object you attach it to.
Use setPos to synchronize the direction of the object in a network game.
Object setDir 180; Object setpos getpos Object;
- Posted on September 17, 2011 - 19:20
Some objects you cannot attach anything to. To be more precise, you can attach objects to them, but the behaviour is unexpected. For instance:
SuitcaseObject attachTo [FoldingTableObject, [0,0,0]];You would expect the suitcase to jump to the pivot point of the table, and stick to it. Instead, the suitcase will freeze in it's original position. Even if the table is moved, the suitcase will be unaffected: it will not follow the table, it will not even respond to actions it reacted to prior to being attached: pushing, being shot at, etc.. It's just an object frozen in space. In MP it's even weirder, the suitcase would turn invisible. Dodgy objects when it comes to attaching things to them: most in Objects(small), Objects(signs), all of Objects(helpers) categories, etc..
- Posted on March 28, 2014 - 16:22
If you attach an explosive charge to an object (e.g. ammobox), the charge will not detonate when you simply set the damage to 1. You must detach it before.
private["_target"]; _target = <<your_ammobox>>; // create and attach charge private["_charge"]; _charge = "DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo_Scripted" createVehicle position player; _charge attachTo [_target, [0,0,0.2]]; _charge setVectorDirAndUp [[0.5,0.5,0],[-0.5,0.5,0]]; // now detonate charge detach _charge; //Important! _charge setDamage 1;