Jump to navigation Jump to search
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Moves the object to a given position (same as createVehicle placement algorithm). Uses either the position that's defined by the position param, or one of the marker positions from the markers array. The object is placed inside a circle with position as its center and placement as its radius. The type of placement could also be controlled with special.
If position is in water and vehicle can float, it is placed on water surface, otherwise it is placed on the ground, even if ground is under water. If roof surfaces support walking, units will be placed on roofs if such position is given.
- object setVehiclePosition [position, markers, placement, special]
- object: Object
- [position, markers, placement, special]: Array
- position: PositionATL (PositionAGL if boat or amphibious), Position2D, or Object - Desired placement position. If object is given, object position is used for position. Normally only x and y are considered, unless "CAN_COLLIDE" is used for special placement.
- markers: Array of Strings - If the markers array contains one or more marker names, the position is chosen randomly and could be one of the marker positions or just the supplied main position. If marker had z coordinate set with setMarkerPos, the vehicle will be placed on the nearest surface below this z coordinate
- placement: Number - The vehicle is randomly placed inside a circle with given position as center and placement as its radius
- special (Optional): String - Could be one of the following:
- "NONE" - will look for suitable empty position near given position (subject to other placement params) before placing vehicle there.
- "CAN_COLLIDE" places vehicle at given position (subject to other placement params), without checking if others objects can cross its 3D model.
- "FLY" - if vehicle is capable of flying and has crew, it will be made airborne at default height.
- Return Value:
- Boolean - true on success, false on failure
- Example 1:
player setVehiclePosition [[1000,2000], ["Pos1","Pos2","Pos3"], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];Will place the player at either [1000,2000], or one of the three markers positions.
- Example 2:
heli setVehiclePosition [player, , 0, "FLY"];
- Example 3:
_cam = "camera" camCreate [0,0,0]; _cam setDir random 360; _cam setVehiclePosition [[5000,5000], , 1000, "NONE"]; _cam setPosWorld (getPosWorld _cam vectorAdd [0,0,1.8]); _cam cameraEffect ["Internal", "Back"];
- Example 4:
private _tablePos = player getRelPos [3, 0]; private _table = "Land_CampingTable_F" createVehicle [0,0,0]; private _laptop = "Land_Laptop_unfolded_F" createVehicle [0,0,0]; _table setPos _tablePos; _laptop setVehiclePosition [_tablePos vectorAdd [0.5, 0.2, 10], , 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"]; _laptop attachTo [_table];