a = b
(Redirected from =)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Assigns the result of expression on the right to the variable on the left. Technically this is not a command and it is not listed in supportInfo; this is more of a compiler instruction.
- variable = value
- variable: Anything - see Identifier
- value: Anything
- Return Value:
- See also:
- Posted on Dec 15, 2006 - 05:27 (UTC)
- A conditional assignment can be done via the following syntax:
- Posted on Jun 22, 2009 - 16:27 (UTC)
- It's possible to assign to numbers. Numbers values are not changed. Useful instead of assigning to nul or nil when a result is of no use.
- Posted on Nov 09, 2016 - 00:29 (UTC)
- This operator actually does not return a Nil. It really returns pure Nothing. Not Nil Nothing.
This can cause problems. For example:
If it were a nil then of cause "_var = nil;" would work just fine.
But in reality this causes a "Generic Error in expression" because you can't assign pure Nothing to anything