All Real Virtuality games allow you to create multiple profiles. Personal settings like video configuration, campaign progress or controls assigments are saved in profile files.
Path varies depending on a project, see following table for specific directories.
Green text means variable based on your local settings.
|Arma: Cold War Assault||
|Arma: Armed Assault||
|Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead||*.ArmA2OAProfile|
|Take On Helicopters||
- ProfileName.Extension - file with all basic profile settings. Commonly reffered to as a profile file.
- ProfileName.vars.Extension - file with scripted variables used by scenarios or modules. See Scripting section below for more details. The file is binarized, which means it's encrypted and cannot be opened as a plain text and saved afterwards. This is to prevent cheating by editing values of certain variables.
- ProfileName.3den.Extension - Eden Editor specific settings.
- UserInfo.cfg - file with all basic profile settings used in Arma: CWA.
- Compositions - custom compositions saved by the editor
- Missions - scenarios saved by Eden Editor
- MPMissions - scenarios saved by Eden Editor when it was opened on a server
- Saved - savegames of scenarios and campaigns. Also contains local versions of subscribed Steam scenarios.
- Screenshot - folder where pictures are saved by screenshot command. By default limited to 250 MB to prevent abuse, see the command page for description how to increase the size.
- UserSaved - savegames of scenarios previewed in the editor.
You can save any variable to the profile using profileNamespace command. This is used to preserve persistant information like character progress, resources or various mod settings.
profileNamespace setVariable ["myVariable",1];
This will save it to namespace, but not yet to the file itself, so restarting would not preserve the variable. To mirror the namespace into the file, call:
Once set, you can retrieve the variable using:
_maVar = profileNamespace getVariable "myVariable";