Jump to navigation Jump to search
Click on the images for descriptions
- Operation Flashpoint
- Make a unit to perform an action. Use the List of Actions for reference about the available actions and their syntax.
- While this command should be executed where unit is local, it is not always the case. Actions such as "Eject", "GetOut", "GetInXXXX", "MoveToXXXX", etc can be executed on remote units.
- In SP, when user Alt+Tabs the simulation is paused and so the action will also halt until user returns to the game. For example, player action ["GetInDriver", car] executed while user is Alt+Tabbed will result in user seeing the action happening when he returns to the game screen. This doesn't happen in MP.
- See also:
- Posted on 28 Aug, 2009
- In ArmA 2, you can place a unique unit (for example a boat, far of all combats) and use it for all command lines with action.
- Posted on March 27, 2015 - 17:57 (UTC)
- This command has no effect when a dead unit is used as input.
- Posted on June 27, 2017 - 02:15 (UTC)
player action ["SWITCHWEAPON",player,player,-1]Switching weapon to the back.
- Posted on July 20, 2017 - 12:22 (UTC)
Some of the actions (such as "DropWeapon") do not always execute, and there should be a set of conditions for them to run.
The unit must be able to perform the dropping animation in order for the action to properly execute.
So, if for example we spawn a unit at [0,0,0] and make it perform a "DropWeapon" action - it won't work if [0,0,0] is water (which it is, if the current map is an island) because the unit will be swimming.
Also, you cannot stack up actions right after the other. If you run a "DropWeapon" action when the current action animation is still going - it will not perform. There are a few more conditions for an action to perform, but relying on a hundred percent success of the action is not a good practice.