From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Destroys the given group. Group must be empty and local to the machine executing command. NOTE: In Arma 3 you can find out locality of the group with local command, unlike with previous games. However owner and setOwner dont work with groups anywhere. The group will always be local to the client that created it, until the client disconnects, then the group becomes local to the server.
- Example 1:
- See also:
- Posted on December 17, 2006 - 00:34
The deleteGroup Command does not work when there are living members of in the group. It doesn't error, it simply doesn't do anything.
- Posted on 07:50, 10 July 2007 (CEST)
- Living or not doesn't matter - you can't delete the group while it contains any units - even dead ones. It takes few seconds until a dead unit is automatically removed from its group.
- Posted on September 12, 2013 - 03:54
- deleteGroup will only delete local groups even if called by server. Say we have a situation where client creates a group and puts a unit there and later unit dies\gets deleted, server will not be able to delete that empty group until client leaves the game and group ownership switches to server