From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
- Returns a list of all alive and dead entities of the given type or deriving from the given type. Units in vehicles are ignored. When empty string "" is passed for the type, all entity types are returned.
Alternative syntax introduced in Arma 3 v1.65.138685 allows to filter entities by type and alive status as well as to return entities currently in vehicles.
Optimisation tip: Keep number of types in both includeTypes and excludeTypes arrays to a minimum by possibly using parent/base classes. If you have to use several types, arrange them in order so that the more common types go at the beginning of the array.
- entities [typesInclude, typesExclude, includeCrews, excludeDead] since Arma 3 v1.65.138685
- [typesInclude, typesExclude, includeCrews, excludeDead]: Array
- typesInclude: Array - in format [type1, type2, ...typeN], where type is a String. Empty array  means include every entity. Method used for filtering - isKindOf
- typesExclude: Array - in format [type1, type2, ...typeN], where type is a String. Empty array  means exclude no entity. Method used for filtering - isKindOf
- includeCrews (Optional): Boolean - include crews currently in vehicles. Default: false
- excludeDead (Optional): Boolean - exclude dead entities. Default: false
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_allcars = entities "Car";
- Example 2:
- Return all alive entities on the map:
_allalive = entities [, , true, true];
- Example 3:
- Return dead and alive entities but logic:
_notlogic = entities [, ["Logic"], true];
- Example 4:
- Return all alive west soldiers on foot:
_footsoldiers = entities [["SoldierWB"], , false, true];
- Posted on Mar 27, 2014 - 20:26
- In ArmA3 ver 1.14 type (string) can be any children class under configfile >> "CfgVehicles". e.g.
entities "All"; //or entities "CAManBase"; etc.
- Posted on July 12, 2016 - 22:37 (UTC)
In A3 1.62
entities "CAManBase"does not include entities inside vehicles (crew).