From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Arma 2
- Hide entity. Can be used on soldiers and vehicles, also on static objects.
- object hideObject hidden
- object: Object.
- hidden: Boolean hidden/visible.
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
objectName hideObject true;
- Command has local effect, needs to be run on each client.
- See also:
- Posted on July 15, 2010 - 20:00
- This command will hide a unit, but he will still shoot enemies. Unit will be invisible, but weapon muzzle are visible.
- Use MP framework to activate this comand on all players from server or any other maschine
_nic = [nil, mantohide, "per", rHideObject, true ] call RE; //In A3 use hideObjectGlobal instead.
- you can use code as in example 2, where true = ON and false = OFF, if using it like in example 1, you can only turn it ON
- using this locally causes the player/object disappear only locally; has to be executed serverside if used in MP. Hidden Vehicles still emit smoke/rotor blade dust and (probably) still emit engine sounds. Usefull for creating objects the map-creator doesn't want to be seen, like Units that protect a certain Area (like a safe-zone) against teamkillers or enemy units.
- The above comment is partially incorrect, if the effects of the command are local then it must be executed in every machine so it has global effect. If it is run only on the server machine, it will only be hidden on the server, while clients still see it.
- Posted on March 5, 2014 - 16:25
- [CAD] Krycek
- As of today this now finally has a Global counterpart, just released on the Stable branch. Added it's link under See also.