Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Reliably broadcasts missionNamespace variable and its current value to all computers (server/client).
Variables broadcast with publicVariable during a mission will be available to JIP clients with the value they held at the time.
Such variables are persistent and sent to the JIP client before the first batch of client-side Event Scripts (such as init.sqf) is run.
The following Data Types are supported:
Type Number Boolean Object Group String Text Array Code Nothing (nil) HashMap Since 1.34 1.34 1.34 1.34 1.00 1.00 1.09 1.09 1.26 2.02
- publicVariable varName
- varName: String - the global variable's Identifier
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- TAG_MyPublicVariable = 0; TAG_MyPublicVariable = 1; publicVariable "TAG_MyPublicVariable"; // other clients will receive the "TAG_MyPublicVariable" variable with a 1 value TAG_MyPublicVariable = 2; // needs to be broadcast again - synchronisation is not automatic
- Example 2:
- JIP example:
- Example 3:
- TAG_BossName = "EvilBigBoss"; publicVariable TAG_BossName; // wrong - will try to publicVariable "EvilBigBoss" variable, that does not exist publicVariable "TAG_BossName"; // correct - important, do not forget the QUOTES
- See also:
- Multiplayer Scripting Initialization Order addPublicVariableEventHandler publicVariableClient publicVariableServer Global Variable Event Scripts Join In Progress
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Operation Flashpoint version 1.34
- Operation Flashpoint: New Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Elite: Scripting Commands
- ArmA: Armed Assault: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead: Scripting Commands
- Take On Helicopters: Scripting Commands
- Arma 3: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Multiplayer
- Command Group: Variables
- Scripting Commands: Global Effect