From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Arma 3
- Converts given, formatted as simple array, String into a valid Array. Simple array is array consisting of Numbers, Strings, Booleans and Arrays of all of the above. For example: [1,"2",true,[4,"five",false]]. The string representation of this array compatible with parseSimpleArray will be "[1,""2"",true,[4,""five"",false]]" accordingly.
This command is built for speed and security and because of this has several limitations. There is limited error reporting about format errors as the command expects well formatted array as argument. To be able to see exact format expected, you can just copy output result of str command applied to an array for reference: copyToClipboard str str [1,"2",true,[4,"five",false]] (notice the use of double str with copyToClipboard).
In any case here are the explicit rules:
- no spaces are permitted between array elements: [1,2,3] - correct, [1, 2, 3] - incorrect!
- only double quotes " supported for Strings: ["hello"] - correct, ['hello'] - incorrect!
- use " to escape ", for example ["hello"] converted to string should look like this: "[""hello""]"
- no spaces should exist before or after array brackets: "[1,2,3]" - correct, "[1,2,3] " - incorrect!
_arr1 = getUnitLoadout player; _arr2 = parseSimpleArray str _arr1; hint str (_arr1 isEqualTo _arr2); //trueBecause of this strictness the command is on average 3x faster than similar call compile string array method. And because call compile is not required, it is also more secure and primarily intended for use with callExtension to parse the String output into Array.
- parseSimpleArray stringArray
- stringArray: String - string formatted as simple array
- Return Value:
- Array - valid array
- Example 1:
_arr = parseSimpleArray "[1,2,3]";
- Example 2:
_bool = true; _num = 123.45; _str = "ok"; _arr = [1,false,"cool"]; _res = parseSimpleArray format ["[%1,%2,%3,%4]", _bool, _num, str _str, str _arr]; // Note how _bool and _num do not need str, however if used anyway, the result in this case would be identical hint str _res; // [true,123.45,"ok",[1,false,"cool"]]
- See also: