Matchmaker is multiplayer feature, which allows to aggregate players from different servers and spawn for them new game instance. When a matchmaking session is requested for a player, he is then added to the matchmaker queue. After enough players are queued for same game, new server will be spawned for them.
- Players can queue only for games within the same Game Set.
- When enough players are match-maked, new server starts
- If there are not enough players for given time (aprox 2 minutes), the matchmaker will try start the server with minimum players.
- Minimum / maximum players per servers is defined via game settings.
- Matchmaking is started via Start Matchmaking instruction.
- Difference from Reserve Session is, that players does not have to be on same server.
- In order for the game to be eligible for matchmaking, it has to be protected. Reason is that protected games are run on On demand servers which are part of the matchmaker network.