Ylands Tile - Custom instruction
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Custom instruction is a standalone sequence designed to perform a particular task and can be called from anywhere within the script of currently edited object.
- Any instruction which does not return any value is called statement.
- Any custom instruction consists of two parts - instruction definition and instruction call
- Instruction definition
- Defines parameters and contents of custom instruction.
- It is standalone script block - does not snap with other blocks.
- To create new custom instruction, simply place new block anywhere in the canvas.
- Name and parameters of a instruction can be edited via context menu (right click on block).
- Parameters work as local variables and can be used inside the custom instruction.
- Custom instruction can be terminated at any point using return block.
- Instruction call
- Executes the custom instruction, with defined parameters.
- Can be placed in any sequence as any other instruction.
- Any Instruction which returns a value is called expression.
- Expression definition work in same way as for statement instructions.
- Instruction call has to be docked as input of another instruction as it would be a variable or literal.
- Custom instructions of Global Storage are considered global and are available within the scope of whole game script.
- Custom instructions of Entity Storage are considered member and are available within the scope of Storage Owner.
- See also: Return