Jump to navigation Jump to search
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Adds (or inserts when index is given) a new waypoint to a group.
The waypoint is placed randomly within a circle with the given center and radius.
The function returns a waypoint with format [group, index].
ⓘPrior to Arma 3 v1.90, if you need exact waypoint placement, use setWaypointPosition
- groupName addWaypoint [center, radius, index, name]
- groupName: Group
- center: PositionAGL or Object
- radius: Number - random waypoint placement within radius from center
- index (optional): Number - can be used to insert a waypoint in between existing waypoints
- name (optional): String - waypointName
- Return Value:
- Array - format Waypoint - [Group, index]
- See also:
- Posted on November 26, 2009
- In game versions prior to Arma 3 v1.22: If you add a waypoint to your group and then want them to start moving to that waypoint, make sure to call setWaypointType "MOVE" on your waypoint.
- Posted on 18:23, 28 April 2011 (CEST)
In VBS2 1.30, the randomization of addWaypoint doesn't seem to work correctly all of the time.
The alternative syntax of addWaypoint with a specified index doesn't seem to work correctly.
- Posted on June 21, 2014 - 20:38 (UTC)
if you want to create a waypoint of type "MOVE" and set it as actual waypoint, you can use the move command that does everything for you with only one line of code !
Be aware that move command intercepts multiple waypoints and it will not line up in waypoints queue. In other word it is a quick solution if you want your group to get only one waypoint, but for several waypoints you'll have to use addwaypoint and all setwaypointXXXXXX commands around.
see move command.
- Posted on August 4, 2014 - 23:49 (UTC)
- The waypoint may not be created exactly at the center position even if radius is zero. The position will be moved away if there are e.g. rocks at the center position or if it is placed at the edge of water on a shore.