Jump to navigation Jump to search
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Return the role a unit is assigned to within its assigned vehicle.
The array which is returned contains:
-  - Not assigned to any vehicle
- ["Driver"] - Assigned as driver
- ["Cargo"] (or ["Cargo", [turret path]] since Arma 3 1.31.127272) - Assigned as cargo
- ["Turret", [turret path]] - Assigned to a turret
- assignedVehicleRole unitName
- unitName: Object
- Return Value:
- Array - array in one of the formats described in description
- Example 1:
_RoleArray = assignedVehicleRole player;
- Example 2:
- Get weapons available to player at player occupied turret:
_weaponsTurret = vehicle player weaponsTurret (assignedVehicleRole player select 1);
- See also:
- Posted on August 31, 2013
- When unit with unassigned vehicle role enters a vehicle, it gets assigned vehicle role automatically. The unit then will hold on to its assigned role after exiting the vehicle.
To add, when player is in the group of AIs and is not the leader, assignedVehicleRole of the player could be unpredictable and absolutely not related to the position player occupies. In short, forget about this command, it is unreliable and has been broken too many times in the past.
- Posted on November 15, 2014 - 23:31 (UTC)
In multiplayer (tested in v1.34), this only works reliably on the server.
Behaviour is as follows:
On a client, the command will return empty arrays for every unit that is not local.
On the server, the command correctly returns the position, regardless of the units locality.