Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Scales an attached object or a Simple Object's model.
- The Arma 3 LOD limits still apply, meaning walkable surfaces can only be (70?)m in size, and collision in general will only work up to (?)m from object center. This command works on all objects in Eden Editor or scenario preview, but it will not save and will reset when objects get moved. Eden Editor support is only intended for artists.
- Object Manipulation
- object setObjectScale scale
- object: Object - must be either an attached object or Simple Object
- scale: Number - limited to 0.0001 to 65504, relative to the object model's normal scale
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- See also:
- Posted on Dec 23, 2021 - 06:29 (UTC)
- For those interested in the extra cursed, you can scale non-simple objects by running the command every frame. The multiplayer performance of this is likely terrible.
- Posted on Jan 04, 2022 - 22:17 (UTC)
- Note that
doubles the scale factor of an object, not the volume. In the case of a cube this would be the length of an edge._obj setObjectScale 2;
If you want to multiply the volume, raise the scale to the power of 1/3.
// Example with 1x1x1 m^3 helper objects // vectorAdds elevate the cubes so they touch the ground after scaling. _cube1 = createSimpleObject ["Land_VR_Shape_01_cube_1m_F",(getPosASL player vectorAdd [1,3,0.5])]; _cube2 = createSimpleObject ["Land_VR_Shape_01_cube_1m_F",(getPosASL player vectorAdd [3,1,0.5])]; _cube3 = createSimpleObject ["Land_VR_Shape_01_cube_1m_F",(getPosASL player vectorAdd [1.35,1.35,0.13])]; // Double the side length. V=2^3=8 _cube1 setObjectScale 2; // Octuple(8x) the volume. V=(8^(1/3))^3=8 _cube2 setObjectScale 8^(1/3); // Double the volume. V=(2^(1/3))^3=2 _cube3 setObjectScale 2^(1/3);