Magic variables are engine-maintained variables that serve a specific purpose within a given scope and are often used by the engine to push data to a given script or code fragment.
They are usually no longer present after leaving the scope (e.g. after code execution or after a forEach statement).
Additional Event Handler arguments available with addMissionEventHandler
The index for Scripted Event Handlers added with BIS fnc addScriptedEventHandler.
SQS ONLY. The time elapsed since the script started running.
From within a Function, the TAG_fnc_functionName function name as string (e.g. "myTag_fnc_myFunction")
- In Addons' config files (e.g. UserActions, onInit, etc.): The object to which the entry belongs
- In Dialogs: The player unit that activated control (e.g. via mouseEnter). false if non-activated
- In Object's "Init" line: The object to which the init line belongs
- In Triggers
- In Waypoints
- "Condition" or "On Activation/Deactivation" line: The group leader that completed the respective waypoint (or driver, if waypoint is assigned to a vehicle)
- accessible within the Condition, On Activation or On Deactivation script
- defines an array of objects that have been detected by the trigger (same as what is returned by the list command)
- thisList in a trigger's On Deactivation field seems to be undefined, and should not be used. It will either return an empty array, or possibly the contents of a different trigger.
- accessible within the Condition or On Activation script
- defines an array containing all group members that completed the respective waypoint
Refers to the trigger object itself - accessible within the Condition, On Activation or On Deactivation script.