[[Category:Scripting Commands Arma 3|{{uc:{{PAGENAME}}}}]]
[[Category:Scripting_Commands_Take_On_Helicopters|{{uc:{{PAGENAME}}}}]]
[[Category:Scripting_Commands_Take_On_Helicopters|{{uc:{{PAGENAME}}}}]]
<!-- CONTINUE Notes -->
<dl class="command_description">
<dd class="notedate">Posted on September 25, 2015 - 04:24 (UTC)</dd>
<dt class="note">[[User:Pierre MGI|Pierre MGI]]</dt>
<dd class="note">
The bad point of this command is a lack of parameter to define priority/pound on enemy "value".
I often use this command in a "on each frame" HUD, while in group assault or alone. My experience is nearest enemy (NE) is often car or tank even if multiple enemy units are closer. More than that, if you shoot this vehicle and its crew disembark, it remains the "nearsest enemy". It's weird for an empty vehicle. Kill the crew, it's still NE. For sure, the situation could change, but you have time to kill the crew and jump into the vehicle, or destroy it!
</dd>
</dl>
<!-- DISCONTINUE Notes -->

<!-- CONTINUE Notes -->
<!-- CONTINUE Notes -->

Revision as of 06:28, 25 September 2015

-wrong parameter ("Arma") defined!-1.00
Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Find the nearest enemy to the specified position. Returns a null object if the object's group does not know about any enemies.
Groups:
Uncategorised

Syntax

Syntax:
object findNearestEnemy position
Parameters:
object: Object
position: Object or Array
Return Value:
Object

Examples

Example 1:
_myNearestEnemy = (units _myGroup select 0) findNearestEnemy player;
Example 2:
_myNearestEnemy = player findNearestEnemy player;

Additional Information

See also:
nearestBuildingnearestObjectnearestObjectsnearObjectsnearestLocationnearEntitiesnearTargetsnearSuppliesnearestLocationWithDubbingnearObjectsReadynearRoads

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note

Notes

Bottom Section

Posted on September 25, 2015 - 04:26 (UTC)
Pierre MGI
The bad point of this command is a lack of parameter to define priority/pound on enemy "value". I often use this command in a "on each frame" HUD, while in group assault or alone. My experience is nearest enemy (NE) is often car or tank even if multiple enemy units are closer. More than that, if you shoot this vehicle and its crew disembark, it remains the "nearsest enemy". It's weird for an empty vehicle. Kill the crew, it's still NE. For sure, the situation could change, but you have time to kill the crew and jump into the vehicle, or destroy it!