Jump to navigation Jump to search
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Returns a list of targets within the defined range. "Targets" are not restricted to enemy units.
- unit nearTargets range
- unit: Object
- range: Number
- Return Value:
- Array - nested; consisting of:
- 0: Position (perceived, includes judgment and memory errors),
- 1: Type (perceived, gives only what was recognized),
- 2: Side (perceived side),
- 3: Subjective Cost (positive for enemies, more positive for more important or more dangerous
- 4: Object (object type, can be used to get more information if needed)
- 5: (since build 5209:) position accuracy (assumed accuracy of the perceived position)
- Example 1:
player nearTargets 100;could return something like this:
[[[2555.33,2535.33,1.32708],"SoldierEB",EAST,214222,EAST 1-1-A:1],[[2550.39,2482.5,1.32696],"SoldierWB",WEST,0,WEST 1-1-A:2]]
- See also:
- Posted on Febuary 17, 2011
- A subjective cost greater than 0 does not necessarily mean the target is an enemy unit. Any unit, that have yet to be identified by the unit, have a small positive cost in the range 0 to 1.
- Posted on January 15, 2012
- The quality/detail level of the info depends on the knowsAbout value of the sourceUnit about the targetUnit: For infantry: ] 0 , 1.5 [ - side unknown, some position offset, identified as SoldierWB [ 1.5, 1.6 [ - side identified, subjective cost set [ 1.6, 2 [ - type identified better (USMC_Soldier_Base) [ 2 , 3.6 [ - type identified precisely (USMC_Soldier) [ 3.6, 4 ] - position identified precisely The values seems closely linked to the accuracy value of the given targetUnit class and its parents up in the config tree: 0 class CAManBase: Man 1.6 class SoldierWB: CAManBase 2 class USMC_Soldier_Base: SoldierWB 3.9 class USMC_Soldier: USMC_Soldier_Base For tanks: ] 0 , 0.03 [ - side unknown, some position offset, identified as LandVehicle [ 0.03, 0.13 [ - type identified better (Tank) [ 0.13, 0.3 [ - type identified better (M1A1) [ 0.3 , 1.5 [ - side identified, subjective cost set [ 1.5 , 3.6 [ - side identified precisely (CIV), subjective cost adjusted [ 3.6 , 4 ] - position identified precisely The values seems closely linked to the accuracy value of the given targetUnit class and its parents up in the config tree: 0 class All class AllVehicles: All 0.0005 class Land: AllVehicles 0.02 class LandVehicle: Land 0.12 class Tank: LandVehicle 0.25 class M1A1: Tank
- Posted on January 17, 2012
- When an unit dies, it's nearTargets array gets emptied after some seconds.
- When an unit dies, its reference will get removed from other units nearTargets' arrays immediately.
- A target will be removed from the array after about 360 seconds without contact.
- Posted on January 21, 2012
- Position accuracy seems to be a radius in meters from the perceived position.