From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Creates a sensor (trigger) of the given type and at the given position. The type must be a class name in CfgNonAIVehicles or CfgVehicles with simulation = detector. An array containing all units that have activated the trigger is available via list triggerobj. Created triggers can be deleted using deleteVehicle.
NOTE1: Since Arma 3 v1.43.129935 triggers can be created locally on clients using the alternative syntax.
NOTE2: Since Arma 3 v1.53.132440 triggers can be disabled/enabled using enableSimulation command.
Triggers are created with default params, which are:
- a - 50.0
- b - 50.0
- angle - 0
- rectangular - false
- activationBy - None
- activationType - Present
- repeating - false
- timeoutMin - 0
- timeoutMid - 0
- timeoutMax - 0
- interruptable - true
- type - None
- text - ""
- name - ""
- expCond - "this"
- expActiv - ""
- expDesactiv - ""
- createTrigger [type, position, makeGlobal]
- [type, position, makeGlobal]: Array
- type: String
- position: Position2D, Position3D or Object
- makeGlobal (optional): Boolean - locality flag, true - trigger is global , false - trigger is local (available since Arma 3 v1.43.129935)
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_trg = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos player]; _trg setTriggerArea [5, 5, 0, false]; _trg setTriggerActivation ["CIV", "PRESENT", true]; _trg setTriggerStatements ["this", "hint 'Civilian near player'", "hint 'no civilian near'"];
- Triggers are global and will be present on all machine(s) when this command is run.
- See also:
- Posted on March 6, 2013 - 14:15 (CEST)
- Calling list immediately after creating a trigger this way (and setting up activation, area, statements, timeout, etc..), will return <null> instead of an array. It seems the trigger needs about 1 second to initialise, after which it will behave as expected: returning an array of all the objects inside the trigger (the ones matching the criteria), or an empty array.