Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Creates a new map marker at the given position. The marker will be created for every connected player as well as all JIP players. The marker name has to be unique; the command will be ignored if a marker with the given name already exists.
- createMarker [name, position, channel, creator]
- name: String - the marker's name, used to reference the marker in scripts.
- position: Array or Object - Position2D, PositionAGL or Object. In case of an object, the object's model centre's PositionASL is used (see getPosWorld)
- since 2.02
- channel: Number - (Optional) the marker channel - see Channel IDs (for multiplayer)
- since 2.02
- creator: Object - (Optional) the marker creator (for multiplayer)
- Return Value:
- String - The marker's name or empty string if the marker name is not unique.
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- Posted on Sep 19, 2015 - 21:02 (UTC)
createMarker accepts an object as position parameter as well . You could try this with the following code (both SP/MP)
- Posted on May 28, 2018 - 11:57 (UTC)
In Arma 3, one can create markers which are deletable by the user by prefixing the name with _USER_DEFINED.
createMarker "_USER_DEFINED someMarkerName"
- Posted on May 03, 2019 - 15:53 (UTC)
- Posted on Jan 26, 2021 - 22:42 (UTC)
- When creating a marker with the name format: "_USER_DEFINED #n1/n2/n3". n1 can be used to set the owner, n2 I think is an incrementing index to ensure markers are unique, to this end also mangle some more characters onto the end of the string, and n3 is the channel ID the marker is in.
- Posted on Jul 08, 2023 - 16:03 (UTC)
- If you use the letter "/" in the name, it may break the channel visibilities (especially in MP). Possible reason is described above by tirpitz, the engine may confuse which channel the marker belongs to after the "/".