From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Creates a new map marker at the given position. The marker will be created for every player on network as well as JIP. The marker name has to be unique, if a marker with the given name exists, the command will be ignored. Use deleteMarker to delete global marker.
- createMarker [name, position]
- [name, position]: Array
- name: String
- position: Array or Object - format position: Position2D, PositionAGL or Object
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_marker1 = createMarker ["Marker1", position player];
- Example 2:
_marker2 = createMarker ["Marker2", player]; // since Arma 3 v1.50
- createMarker is global, use createMarkerLocal if you want to create a local marker
- See also:
- allMapMarkersdeleteMarkercreateMarkerLocalallMapMarkers, setMarkerTextsetMarkerTypesetMarkerAlpha
- Posted on September 19, 2015 - 21:02 (UTC)
- Soldia (JP)
createMarker accepts an object as position parameter as well (A3 - 1.50.131969). You could try this with the following code (both SP/MP)
_markerstr = createMarker ["markername", player]; _markerstr setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE"; _markerstr setMarkerSize [100, 100];
- Posted on May 28, 2018 - 11:57 (UTC)
In Arma 3, one can create markers which are deletable by the user by prefixing the name with `_USER_DEFINED`.
createMarker "_USER_DEFINED someMarkerName"