From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Creates a new marker at the given position. The marker name has to be unique. If position is given in 3D format, z coordinate is stored with the marker and will be used when marker is passed to commands like createVehicle, createUnit, createAgent, createMine, setVehiclePosition for example. However getMarkerPos and markerPos will always return 0 for z.
- createMarker [name, position]
- [name, position]: Array
- name: String
- position: Array or Object - format position: Position2D, PositionAGL or Object
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_marker1 = createMarker ["Marker1", position player];
- Example 2:
_marker2 = createMarker ["Marker2", player];
- createMarker is global, use createMarkerLocal if you want to create a marker locally
- See also:
To create a marker which is visible on the map you need to define at least the following three settings:
_markerstr = createMarker ["markername",[_Xpos,_Ypos]]; _markerstr setMarkerShape "ICON"; _markerstr setMarkerType "hd_dot";
- Posted on September 19, 2015 - 21:02 (UTC)
- Soldia (JP)
createMarker accepts an object as position parameter as well (A3 - 1.50.131969). You could try this with the following code (both SP/MP)
_markerstr = createMarker ["markername", player]; _markerstr setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE"; _markerstr setMarkerSize [100,100];
- Posted on May 28, 2018 - 11:57 (UTC)
In Arma 3, one can create markers which are deletable by the user by prefixing the name with `_USER_DEFINED`.
createMarker "_USER_DEFINED somemarkername"