nearestLocation: Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - " |r1=[[" to " |r1= [[")
m (Some wiki formatting)
Line 18: Line 18:
|gr1= Locations
|gr1= Locations

|descr= Return the closest location of specified class to a given position.<br>Checked range is unlimited (i.e. covers the whole map).
|descr= Return the closest location of specified class to a given position. Checked range is unlimited (i.e. covers the whole map).

|s1= [[nearestLocation]] [position, locationClass]
|s1= [[nearestLocation]] [position, locationClass]

|p1= [position, locationClass]: [[Array]]
|p1= position: [[Object]] or [[Array]] in format [[PositionAGL]] or [[Position2D]]

|p2= position: [[Object]] or [[Array]] in format [[PositionAGL]] or [[Position2D]]
|p2= locationClass: [[String]] of a location class name. If "" is supplied, any nearest location is returned. See [[Location#Location Types|Location Types]]

|p3= locationClass: [[String]] of a location class name. If "" is supplied, any nearest location is returned. See [[Location#Location Types|Location Types]]

|r1= [[Location]]
|r1= [[Location]]

Revision as of 19:25, 24 November 2021

Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Return the closest location of specified class to a given position. Checked range is unlimited (i.e. covers the whole map).
Groups:
Locations

Syntax

Syntax:
nearestLocation [position, locationClass]
Parameters:
position: Object or Array in format PositionAGL or Position2D
locationClass: String of a location class name. If "" is supplied, any nearest location is returned. See Location Types
Return Value:
Examples

Example 1:
_nearestCity = nearestLocation [getPos player, "nameCity"];
Example 2:
_anyNearestLocation = nearestLocation [player, ""];

Additional Information

See also:
findNearestEnemynearestBuildingnearestObjectnearestObjectsnearObjectsnearEntitiesnearTargetsnearSuppliesnearestLocationWithDubbingnearObjectsReadynearRoadsLocation TypeslocationPositionnearestLocationscreateLocation

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note